How to care for your pBone trombone...
As you may guess, looking after a pBone is slightly different to looking after a standard brass trombone instruments. The Jiggs pBone is durable, but not indestructible. Here are a few tips to consider in the care of your instruments:
1. Avoid extreme temperatures (hot and cold) that may have an adverse effect on the material.
2. Over time, your pBone's slide will break itself in. It will feel smoother as you use it more. This comes form the use of brass slide stockings inside the hand slide.
3. Clean the slide regularly using water or a light solvent. This will prevent build up on the slide stockings.
4. Slide grease or cream is NOT necessary for use of the instrument.
5. You CAN use water or lubricant if you choose as it will not damage the fiber glass slide.
6. When using a mute, insert carefully and do not twist into the bell. Extemporaneous force can break the bell and/or dislodge it from the seam.
7. Most importantly - Have fun!